Tuesday, December 6, 2011

New Obssessions

Hey guys!

So the end of the semester  is winding down and I am in desperate need of a break and I have been daydreaming of all the projects I want to do over Christmas Break. Where have all the ideas for these projects come from you ask? PINTREST!!!! It is seriously the most amazing website in the world. I have found so many amazing project ideas on this website, and it has seriously gotten by creative juices flowing. So here I am, chomping at the bit, waiting for the semester to be over so I can invest proper time in  them.

So my #1 goal for Christmas Break is to learn how to crochet. I have always wanted to learn to crochet, but I have never had the time or the patience to pursue it. So, this Christmas I am going to watch every youtube tutorial on how to crochet and hopefully learn something.


maybe one day I will be able to make this cute headband.


and maybe one day I can crochet these for Payt since he cant grow a mustache! lol


I will have one of these done by the time I go back to school!


Plus I want a new infinity scarf....hello...this looks so comfy!


My 2nd new obssession is CRAFTGAWKER.COM!! O.M.G. This site almost outdoes PINTREST. Almost. It has so many cute and crazy ideas. I know a lot of people on pintrest pin stuff from this website, so that was how I found it, but I just cannot believe how creative some people are. Blows my mind. That is where I found this tutorial for lettering.
I want to try this because I think it would be cool to learn how to do some letters and incorporate them somehow into the wedding stuff.

http://youtu.be/oC-JULE4T8A --please watch!

I think it would be especially helpful if I decide to make this sign:


Lastly, if any of you guys want an invite to pintrest, send me a message with your email address and I will be more than happy to send you an invite. On pintrest, I have tons of DIY wedding projects pinned to my "wedding" board, and I intend on trying some of them out over break too.

Like:
  • chandelier made our of icicle lights and a hulu hoop. (yea...i know right)


  • make tshirt scarves (Christmas gifts!) here are the 2 kinds I want to make
http://youtu.be/Ud1rwQ8Aaog <--- these are so cute!

and then



  • Sydney and I have been talking about making more flower balls and we had been trying to come up with an easier way to do them....pretty sure I found it!

  • lastly, I found a way to make homemade laundry detergent. Well, that isnt exactly a new thing, but I have never made it and I am always looking for ways to same money.


here is the recipe:

1 4 lb 12 oz box Borax (2.15 kg or 76 oz) found in the detergent isle
1 4 lb box Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (1.81 kg) found in the cooking isle

1 box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda 55 oz (3 lb 7 oz) found in the detergent isle

3 bars of Fels-naptha soap, found in the detergent isle
2 small containers of oxyclean or store brand oxyclean (try to get about 3.5 lbs total (1.58 kg)) found in the detergent isle.
The chick whose blog this is from said one batch lasted her 9 months and it only cost her around $20 to make!!!

Well, I hope you all enjoyed my lofty ambitious dreams of being crafty. I will let you guys know how my endeavors fair!
<3 Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment