Sunday, February 26, 2012

Update...it's been awhile

Hello all...

It's been a little while since I have written...I am sure you all have just been hanging on the edge of your seats waiting, tongues wagging for my next post. Yeah, right. 


My senior-itis really hasn't gone away at all; perhaps, it has just intensified. However, I do have some good news, I got my plan figured out for graduate school. Right now things are kinda hanging in the valance because if Payton gets his new job, we most definitely will be moving. So we are hoping for maybe Wood River, IL because then we would be about 20 minutes from Edwardsville and I could complete my Master's degree there. So that is nice to know. However, I still have to take the GREs, get 2-3 letters of recommendation, write a personal statement, and submit a writing sample. I am not really worried about the writing sample or the personal statement. But I definitely am worried about my letters of recommendation and the GREs. The GREs are like the ACTs on 7 years of steriods, for any of you that don't know what they are.

So the plan is for my to start graduate school in January 2013. =]

But enough about my boring academic career that most of you don't give a crap about...

I have some good Weight Watchers news to share. I have lost around 7lbs. Payton has lost 14 (I hate him...).
I have been trying to drink nothing but pure water and it has helped immensely. I think I decided that probably drinking close to a gallon of sweet tea a day was not going to help my weight loss goals. So, RIP Sweet Tea you will be missed. I had a Diet Coke last night when Payt & I went to see Wanderlust and I was up until 3am....I think I have officially broke my caffeine addiction because I am back to straight water today!

We finally booked the tent for our reception from True Value. It holds up to 196 people which is the most random number ever, but that's the number. Right now, the guest list is at about 190 people. But I am not expecting every single person I invite to show up.

I need to book my caterer like tomorrow, seriously. I am so behind on that very important aspect! I was doing sooo well on staying  way ahead on my timeline, but sadly the funds ($$$$) don't always keep up with the dates I need things booked.

On a good note, we found out we are not going to have to pay for our DJ like I originally thought we were going to, so that leaves some elbow room in the budget. =]


On an even BRIGHTER note, one of my best friends from high school, Danessa, is getting married on May 12 and I am so excited for her! Even though her wedding is the same day as Kendra's bridal shower, which I definitely can't skip since I am in the wedding, I will definitely be making it to celebrate with them! I actually dropped our RSVP in the mail today and I just got the invite yesterday! lol!

I feel like this is the year of weddings for everyone my age! Kendra and I were trying to think of all the people we knew getting married this year and the list is astronomically long. Lots of partyin' going down in 2012, betches!

This is like a super boring post I think. There are no pictures, wahhh! Oh well....

Oh!!! There was one more thing I have been mulling over in my head. I have been thinking about starting to do makeup tutorials to post to youtube. I am pretty talented with makeups and it is something I really enjoy doing. I also have been cycling out old makeup and upgrading on new products. Let me know if you guys think I should or not. I could start posting them on here. I thought about maybe doing a bridal series. Like try out different looks to go with my wedding dress (aka the color white) and then post them and see which one you guys think looks the best. Or I guess I could just do pictures lol. I dunno.

Opinions!!! Please!!!

<3 Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment