Friday, January 13, 2012

Oh...you know...just an update!

Hello guys and gals!!

Happy Friday to you all! I just finished with my last class of the day...hallelujah!  Anyways, last Sunday I went to the bridal expo at Thelma Keller in Effingham with my mom, Joey, Sydney, & Chelsey. We got to eat some awesome food, try amazing cake, listen to some DJs, and basically succomb to the whole sensory overload experience that was the expo. It was literally like drowning in a sea of wedding gowns, fake crystals, and pressed napkins. Lol!

Regardless, I got a few more things booked. I reserved my wedding cake maker, and she is utterly amazing. Its Cakes By Christine. She is out of Mattoon, IL and she has sooooo many delicious flavors. We go for our official cake tasting some time in the near future. However, I did snag some samples for Payton to try when we got home. Our favorite was Banana Nut, but I don't think we are going to get that for everyone because of nut allergies some people may have.

This is the style of cake we are going to have, but instead of snowflakes we are going to have butterflies!!!

Something like this maybe

But not so many butterflies, lol! Kinda overkill...

Also, I reserved my DJ. I have never heard of him before, but he djays at Stu's on the weekends sometimes. He had over 10 years of DJ experience, and he was pretty cool. He seems like he is going to be able to put on a pretty good party. Also, he told me "we can do whatever you want to do" and for those of you that know me pretty well, I like to have my way! lol!! His name is Jordan Poremba. Click on his name to visit his website. I am getting the biggest DJ package he offers, because it has the uplighting like I wanted. Which is all going to be purple. I am hoping for this type of ambiance:






Aren't all those reception super pretty? I just think the purple makes it look so classy and fun, but still has the rock-n-roll edge we are going for!

So at this point, my caterer and my tent are the two big things I don't have locked down yet. We went to True Value in Charleston the other day to look at their tents. Click on their name to check out their website. But I am not for sure if what they have is going to work. 

Next Tuesday, I have a meeting with Billi Lou Jansen from Walnut Street Weddings to look at the tents they offer and look at some of the other services she offers. I am pretty excited about it. I met her in person at the bridal expo after several email correspondences so it will be nice to actually sit down and figure some stuff out. 

I really want to take the time to price out this whole tent thing because it really is one of the most important expenses. It needs to be able to accommodate everyone comfortably as well have the functionality I desire.
Well, I hope you guys like the new blog design. Comment and let me know if you like this style or preferred the darker look from before. Also, comment if you have had any experiences with these vendors I listed above. I would gladly take any opinions or reviews. 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

Carly <3

No comments:

Post a Comment