Friday, February 10, 2012

It's the Weekend!!

So...this week has been a little bit on the crazy side for me.

1. I feel like my brain is trapped in an immense fog. It's like it does not want to learn anything new, remember anything, or just help me out in general.

I read my monthly horoscope the other night to see if there was a reason, and apparently Neptune is in retrograde right now in my house of productivity, which makes perfect sense.

2. I bought a new scale to weigh myself. My first ever scale I bought myself with my own grown up money (ok...Payton's grown up money).

This is scale is either the biggest jokester in life or I got friggin' jipped! I stepped on it the first time and it told me I had gained 6 pounds, which naturally spent my heart into a tachycardia-like state because I have been working so hard on eating better. So, I stepped on it again and it said I had lost 6 pounds, which I would have rather believed that, but I knew better. So once again, with a grimace on my face, I stepped on to this trickster scale and it said I had gained .2 pounds. So that is what I went with.

I was pretty disappointed, but ladies, you know how it is. However, to my chagrin, Payton stepped on the scale and he has lost almost 10 pounds just by not eating as much. It is so not fair. Rawr.

But he gave me a big hug and said .2 pounds wasn't the end of the world. And for once (lol) he is right. It's not.

Chelsey and I went to Zumba on Thursday and then partook in our Jerzday tradition. Then, tonight I decided to get off my lazy ass and work out. I seriously sweated my metaphorical balls off to Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD and it is only 20 minutes long!

The good news: it went by superfast.
The bad news: I can't feel my legs.

Which really not being able to feel my legs isn't bad news, it just means progress right??

Alas, that is what I will tell myself.

Moving on....

I had an awesome project tonight that actually succeeded for once in my life. I made Jolly Rancher Vodka. I am still pondering at myself because I personally hate vodka. I guess I just convinced myself that Jolly Ranchers would make me like it. Hmmm...

It was pretty simple to make. I got some quart mason jars, a handle of vodka, and a 3.75 pound bag of JR. I think I ended up with about 35-40 JR in each jar then I filled it up with vodka. They have to sit for 12-15 hours. Mine have been sitting out at room temperature for about 8 hours and they look amazing!


this is what they looked like when I first put the JRs in.


here is what they look like now. You can see that the color has intensified some!

I have been trying them periodically throughout the night to see if they even taste good, and I think the best one is green apple, with cherry a close runner up. The cherry kinda tastes a little like cough syrup, but in a good cough syrup with codiene kinda way. 

So cheers to me for having a successful experiment!

Happy Friday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment