Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Looking for Vendors

So I feel like I should really be planning more of our wedding than I actually have. I have been talking a lot to people about it (including on here) but I have yet to really make any phone calls, get prices, or set any plans in stone. I know we have only been engaged for almost a month, but I like to have things done in advance!
The main things I am focused on right now are:
  1. Figuring out where we are going to get married.
    • I am stuck because I thought originally we would do it in a church. But, I dont think I can have the officiant I want if we do it at a church. I dont want to have the same place at the reception because I want to be introduced at the reception...I feel like that part is the most fun!
  2. Finding a tent we can afford.
    • I have looked on the internet for a few tent rentals places, but none of them are close. (i.e.: Champaign & Terre Haute are as close as it gets) and none of them have pricing on their website. Which that really ticks me off...why offer a service, but not tell anyone how much money it costs?!
  3. Finding a DJ
    • When I went to a bridal expo last January at Thelma Keller with Erin, there were a ton of DJs. Now I wish I would have paid more attention to them. I am getting nervous about reserving stuff. Hopefully when I go in January to it again, some of them will still be available for October.
  4. Tables, Chairs, Linens
    • I know a lot of the tent companies offer these services with their tents, but like I said none of them have pricing! I know my fantastic Matron of Honor called Terre Haute Tent & Awning and asked them some questions, but I cant find the piece of paper she wrote down all the info on =(
Anyways, those are my main concerns I would like to have rectified ASAP! If any of you have suggestions or experiences with any of these places, please leave a comment or send me an email at cjhunt@eiu.edu. I would greatly appreciate any guidance as I start my planning!

<3 Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment